Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Admin Account Password

Hello,

In UCS if you need to change a password for admin account, it doesn't prompt for old password. Just provide new password, confirm the same all done!!

I feel this a major security threat if some one logs in and change the Admin password? Thoughts?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Rags

3 Replies 3

richbarb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Raghavendra,

To change the admin password you must be logged as admin (or someone with admin privileges), to do so, you must type the "old password" to login first in the UCS Manager, it's a java application protected by ssl encryption in the network.

Could be a problem just if your pc already logged in UCSM have a rogue access.

Something to think about it and take care.

Hi Raghavendra,

To change password you do have to ligin in to UCS Manager first, could be problem if your system already logged in UCSM and someone have a rogue access. You can avoid this by locking your screen\computer while you are not on seat or not using it. Almost all OS provide this feature.Also you can logout from UCS manager

Regards,

Shahzad

Robert,

This is what I was referring, when we log in as Admin and if I need to change the Admin password, the GUI doesn't list/prompt for old password. A person who gets to know Admin password can change Admin password with any problems. I feel it should list for old password!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card