Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Backup Failure

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am experiencing backup failures with Full State or All Configuration. My Backup and Export Policies for Fullstate and All Configuration fail when using FTP, TFTP or SFTP servers.

I can successfully backup using HTTP to a local file system.

UCS manager reports a cause "satellite-connection-init"  code "F16683"

No connections to the FTP,TFTP,SFTP servers are made from UCS.The error seems to indicate an authentication error, however this is not the case.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ian.

3 Replies 3

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea why the UCS backups fail or any suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Attachments displaying the error are attached.

thanks

Ian.

Hello Ian,

Are those FTP / TFTP / SFTP servers running on Windows system ?

Does manual back up completes successfully ?

If yes, it could be  CSCue69671

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptom:

Scheduled  backup operation fails with following error message

"End point timed out. Check for IP, password, space or access related issues"

Conditions:

If file server ( FTP / SFTP / TFTP / SCP ) is running on Windown operating system.

Workaround:

Following work around options are available

1) Perform manual backup with file name that does not have reserved Windows characters.

2) Backup files to server running on Linux operating system.

Additional Information

USCM creates backup with file name that  has " : " character  in it. The " : " character is one of the reserved characters that is not permitted to be used as file name on Windows operating system.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#file_and_directory_names

UCSM software that has fix for this defect will exclude reserved characters for the backup file name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Padma

Padma,

Thanks for the update.

I think that you are correct and I am hitting this bug. My current UCS Ver is 2.1(1f)

I have tried backups to FTP / TFTP / SFTP servers running on Windows system.

Manual back up completes successfully.

I will schedule upgrades to the latest ver of 2.1(3a) asap and confirm whether this resolves the problem.

thanks

Ian.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: