cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C-200 Sensor Error

balukr
Level 2
Level 2

I'm a newbie to UCS C series, customer has C-200 series servers. All are working fine customer just called and mentioned there was an Amber light in one of the servers. I checked the CIMC log here is the Waring and Critical error shown in the log

CRITICAL : FRU_RAM P3V_BAT_SCALED: Voltage sensor for FRU_RAM, failure event, Lower Critical going low (2.864 < 2.904 V) was asserted

Informational: LED_HLTH_STATUS: Platform sensor, AMBER was asserted

What should I do ? Is this just warning I need to call TAC to fix this.

Thanks for your help.

- Bala

6 Replies 6

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bala,

The critical message is for CMOS battery voltage reading and we would need logs for further investigation.

Please open a TAC SR along with CIMC show tech log file

For a quick verification, we can execute the following commands in SSH session

scope sensor

show voltage

Padma

Thanks for the quick response Padma.

I already collected the show tech logs I will open a case with TAC. just FYI Here is the output of show voltage

ucs-c2xx-m2# scope sensor

ucs-c2xx-m2 /sensor # show voltage

Name                      Sensor Status  Reading    Units      Min. Warning Max. Warning Min. Failure Max. Failure

------------------------- -------------- ---------- ---------- ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------

P3V_BAT_SCALED            Critical       2.864      V          N/A          N/A          2.904        3.168       

P12V_SCALED               Normal         12.095     V          N/A          N/A          11.033       12.921      

P5V_SCALED                Normal         4.989      V          N/A          N/A          4.844        5.157       

P3V3_SCALED               Normal         3.302      V          N/A          N/A          3.192        3.381       

P5V_STBY_SCALED           Normal         4.989      V          N/A          N/A          4.844        5.157       

PV_VCCP_CPU1              Normal         1.196      V          N/A          N/A          0.725        1.392       

PV_VCCP_CPU2              Normal         0.941      V          N/A          N/A          0.725        1.392       

P1V5_DDR3_CPU1            Normal         1.499      V          N/A          N/A          1.431        1.558       

P1V5_DDR3_CPU2            Normal         1.499      V          N/A          N/A          1.431        1.558       

P1V1_IOH                  Normal         1.088      V          N/A          N/A          1.068        1.137       

P1V8_AUX                  Normal         1.784      V          N/A          N/A          1.744        1.852       

PSU1_VOUT                 Normal         12.000     V          N/A          N/A          N/A          13.000      

PSU2_VOUT                 Normal         12.000     V          N/A          N/A          N/A          13.000      

BTW, It is not related to this issue I tried to change the timezone using command line options but couldn't find those commands mentioned in the doc, CIMC version is 1.4. Is it not available because it is C-200 ?

Just an update error was related to this bug CSCtr80666..fix was to update the CIMC firmware to 1.4.2.

Bala,

"" P3V_BAT_SCALED: Voltage sensor for FRU_RAM, failure event, Lower Critical going low (2.864 < 2.904 V) was asserted ""

The error message reports that CMOS battery voltage reading is less than the defined lower critical voltage value in the CIMC.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr80666

The defect applies to scenarios where CIMC had incorrect threshold value for upper critical voltage and the reported value exceeds the defined value. In later releases, we increased the upper critical threshold value.

What version of CIMC do you have on C200 server ?

Padma

Padma,

Here is the BIOS version C200.1.4.1.0 (Build Date: 07/13/2011).

Thanks again for the followup.

Balu,

I would like to correct myself. We also lowered the lower critical ( LC - 2.345 ) and lower non-recoverable ( LNR - 2.178 ) threshold values too with this defect

So upgrading the firmware should resolve this alert.

Padma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card