Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCS-C 210M2 Can't select Bios

I have a UCS-C210M2 running verison 1.3(1c).   When I boot up the server it says checking memory and then beeps a couple times for the USB Keyboard/Mouse then shows the Cisco Logo.  This stays like this for about 30mins and then reboots and does the same thing.  All the documenation I'm reading says I should be able to hit F2 to access the bios and F8 to access the CIMC.  These options never show up and hitting the keys don't do anything.  I found the CIMC IP Address via DHCP and accessed the console this way.   I have VM Media enabled and mounted a virtual drive and then rebooted the server via CIMC.   Same thing and I never get an option to load off disk, access the bios or choose a boot device.   I'm trying to install VMware-VMvisor-Installer-4.1.0-260247.x86_64.iso  (VMware ESXI 4.1)   I have also tried to hit the esc key several times, and every other key on the keyboard but still nothing.  I did verify the keyboard is working as well.   Why is the bios not showing up and is there something else I should be doing to install this software.  Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW:  Here is the guide I'm using:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/os/vmware/install/CSERIES-VMWARE.pdf

3 REPLIES

Re: UCS-C 210M2 Can't select Bios

Do you see the memory test successfully complete?

Shortly after memory, POST tests the hardware - does this complete?

If the memory POST never says "Completed" try removing all but a pair of DIMMs and booting it up.

Also I'd suggest you export a diagnostic(Tech Support) bundle from the CIMC interface since you have access.  We can have a look through it for clues.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks for everyone's help with this issue.  The problem was I was using an Old VGA monitor.  When I plugged in a new Flat Screen Monitor then all the options appeared on the screen and I was able to select the Bios and the CIMC via the keyboard.   This make no sense but that's why there bugs.  Thanks again for everyone's help  

VGA - they still make those

Good to hear you're all set.  Perhaps the screen size/res was just cutting off the options?

At least you're up & running.

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies