cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C Series Virtual Media - map to IMG/ISO on thumb drive

nitzer280
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the United States and we have a UCSC-C240-M3S in the Philippines. Because there is no optical drive, in order to use our corporate, standardized server image, I've asked the local tech to put the IMG file on a thumb drive and connect it to the server.

I'm reading through UCS documentation and I'm not seeing how I can use the CIMC Virtual Media function to connect to that "LOCAL" image file. Please help! Thank you.

Aaron J

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Aaron,

You may also configure CIMC for the server, store the image in your PC (in USA) and use KVM to mount the image and do the installation remotely... Do you have CIMC already configured for this server?

-Kenny

Thanks, Kenny.

That's the problem I'm facing; it's very clear in CIMC how to mount the ISO, where the ISO exists on my PC in the states. But with a 4GB install image, that'll take FOREVER to install across the wire between here and the Philippines. The ISO is currently local to the server, with it sitting on that USB flash drive. That's the copy of the ISO that I want to mount. :)

I have never done it myself in the way you want to do it  (I would have to try it) but then, why don't you store the .iso image in a local computer that could access the server's mgmt IP? ( just giving you options :)    )

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: