cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS C200 M2 - Not seeing any NIC after installing Windows 2208 R2

vipersl65
Level 4
Level 4

I am building a server to be used as Cisco TelePresence Management Server.  An app that runs on Win 2008 R2

The server has 2 500gb hd and mezzanine controller

I can see that the CIMC works as I assigned an IP and I was to KVM to it.  After Windows installed, windows cannot see any NIC and I cannot add any NIC.  Going to Device Manager it shows a   ? on the Ethernet Controller

Thoughts?

11 Replies 11

How do I know which NIC my C200 M2 has?  II tried using the SCU and followed instruction.  Before it asked me to put in the OS Cd, it asked me which LAN driver to install AND there was I not knowing which one to select as there are a few Broadcom driver.  I selected one and after everything, the server still does not see the NIC

I used the SCU disk to configure this but for some reason after the 2008 R2 is installed, it cannot see the NIC.  I was able to complete the Array and Raid 1 but no matter what I do , it is not seeing any nIC

In the Device Manager, the 2 Ethernet Controller has ? on it and whether I delete or uninstall it...not working

If these are the 1G onboard NICs, then you likely have either a broadcom or Intel based card.

Broadcom BCM5709:

ucs-cxxx-drivers\Windows\Network\Broadcom\BCM5709\W2K8R2\x64

Intel:

ucs-cxxx-drivers\Windows\Network\Intel\82576\W2K8R2\x64

There are install applications within each folder of the Driver CD.  Install them one at a time until your cards are detected.

Alternately you may be able to use the Host Update Utility to detect your current hardware.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283860950&flowid=25801&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%282%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Regards,

Robert

Why is  Cisco UCS this difficult to set up for such a simple purpose?

I  saw the setup.exe in the Broadcom folder and I tried all of them.  Each time I ran it, it gives me the option of Modify, Repair and Remove.  I choose Modify and reboot each time, nothing.

I will try the Intel ones today.

I will download the HUU

Thankr Robert.  Will keep yoi posted

Any solution to this? I know this is a very old thread, but I have the same problem.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Regards

Eduardo  - Is it a Cisco provided/supported NIC or another 3rd Party NIC?

Need details if we're going to help you, NIC type, OS, BIOS Version, Platform etc etc

Robert

Robert,

The NIC are Cisco provided (integrated ones). I tried to install Broadcom and Intel drivers without success (same as Viper).

Unfortunately I dont know which type of NIC I have. I dont see neither in the BIOS nor in CIMC.

I upgraded CIMC from 1.4(3p) to 1.4(3x) from C-Series Host Upgrade Utility (and the BIOS too), but this utility doesnt see any NIC.

I attached information about the server from CIMC.

We have a W2008R2 enterprise as OS.

TIA

Go into the BIOS (F2 during boot from KVM) and see if the onboard NICs might have been disabled.

BIOS Setup Utility Advanced → PCI Configuration

Alternately you can reset the BIOS to defaults which should re-enable them also if you can't find the configuration elsewhere.

Robert

They are enabled, just in case I load the default configuration, and now I see the NICs.

I could install Intel drivers now.

Thank you ver much.

Regards

Happy to help. I suggest now that the NICs are visible you re-run the latest HUU to ensure the LOM FW is up to date.

Cheers,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card