Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS FC Port Channel Issues

gofianto.phin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried to connect the FI FC port to the Nexus 5K. The FI was configured in end host mode (NPV), while the N5K was configured as NPIV switch (NPV core switch).

After tried a lot, the SAN PortChannel link on both FI and N5K can't brought up, stuck in initializing state.

If the N5K and FI was not bundled into PortChannel, the connection bring up succefully.

Also, I found and issue that the FI while running into NPV mode, the trunk can't be configured as trunk mode on (if configured, thus the connection will stuck in initializing state too).

Attached are the configuration files on both FI and N5K

Also, I tried to connect the FI to MDS 9222I and got the same issues as connect to N5K.

Anyone can help ?

Comparation while I connect the Nexus 5K as NPV switch and MDS 9211i as NPIV, the SAN PortChannel and trunking mode on (N5K as TNP and MDS as TF) was succefully bring up.

Thanks,

Gofi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Gofi,

As interface comes up individual links and N5K is running 5.1(3)N1(1) version,it could be running into following defect

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCty04686

If yes, N5K software needs to be upgraded to a version that has fix for this defect.

HTH

Padma

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Gofi,

As interface comes up individual links and N5K is running 5.1(3)N1(1) version,it could be running into following defect

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCty04686

If yes, N5K software needs to be upgraded to a version that has fix for this defect.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma,

Thanks a lot for your information. After upgrading Nexus 5k to version 5.2(1)N1(5), the port channel on both FI and N5K succefully bring up.

Thanks,

Gofi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: