Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCS Firmware 2.0 Open Caveats

I was reviewing the open caveats in UCS firmware 2 and came across this about QoS policies. I found this odd because I have updated several customers to 2.0 that are using QoS policies and have yet to see the issue.

Symptom    During upgrade from UCS 1.4 to 2.0, an SSLCert error may be written to the log files.

Workaround   None. This is harmless and has not been found to impact functionality. (CSCtr10869)

Symptom    While upgrading to UCS 2.0 with QoS policies defined , critical errors will be displayed for all QoS policies and VIFs with QoS policies defined on them will be down after upgrading the subordinate interconnect but before upgrading the primary interconnect.

Workaround   Completing the upgrade to 2.0 by upgrading the Primary interconnect will clear these faults, however during the upgrade there will be a period of downtime between when the primary restarts and when the secondary becomes primary and brings up its VIFs. During this time all blades will lose their connectivity to both LAN and SAN. Alternatively you can remove all QoS policies from the affected interfaces, allowing them to come up, complete the upgrade and then reapply the QoS policies with no downtime. (CSCtt41541)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL_25363.html#wp176115

I wonder that since I am always only activating the subordinate interconnect the issue never occurs?

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

UCS Firmware 2.0 Open Caveats

CSCtr10869…  based on the internal bug details this is related to a cert between VC and ESX, it was seen on ESX 4.1.0 build 260247. Our developers will be looking into this with VMware. You can follow the updates on CCO using bug toolkit.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/action.do?hdnAction=searchBugs

As far as CSCtt41541 I only see 8 cases attached to the bug.  It appears you have not met the conditions to trigger the bug during your upgrades. It is resolved in 2.0(1s), you can avoid exposure to this when upgrading from 1.4 by going to this version. As always review the release notes before moving to any new version of code.

Bill

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content