Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCS log analysis

Hi All,

I have a bunch of logs which I have generated via UCSM , I trying to use output interpreter , it is not working , is there anybody who knows or suggests how to analyse logs for UCS ?

Saleem

• Unified Computing
4 REPLIES

what logs are you trying to

what logs are you trying to analyze?

Afaik Output Interpreter is for IOS/IOS-XR etc.

I just grabbeb the Show tech

I just grabbeb the Show tech from UCS 5108 with a bunch of B-blades and C-blades . That will include controller , FI-A and B , Chassis , Fex and servers .

Saleem

Here is something to get you

Here is something to get you started.

UCSM Tech Support -  FI Switch Elements and UCSM Objects.
Extract both A and B . Most important file would be

sw_techsupportinfo:   This is just like a show tech pulled out from N5k Switches. So you will got all the Switching related configs/logs etc.

Sam_techsupportinfo : It contains all UCSM object ie FI/Blade/Adapter/IOM Inventory info , Service Profile/policies info etc.

Chassis Tech Support:  IOM , Blade , Adapter Elements.
Blade TechSupport: Intersting files would be under /oblf/obfl* and /var/log/messages or Critical and may be Sel logs.

Saleem,This document from the

Saleem,

This document from the community might be helpful too:  https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/66296/how-read-ucs-b-series-tech-support-files-ucsm-detail 

Tip: Notepad++ can actually help you see the logs in a better way ;)

Rate ALL helpful answers (rate the document too, if it is helpful)

-Kenny

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.