cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS manager blade memory "Delete" command

giljohns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a question, and I cannot seem to find an answer in documentation or other questions on the support community.  In UCS Manager, if you click a blade server, click the inventory tab, click the memory subtab, you see a graphical display of the memory modules.  If you click on a moduleto select it then right-click it, the menu available includes a "Delete" command.  Does this shut down that particular module, or does it just keep UCS Manager from monitoring it?  Or is it something else more damaging or permanent?  Is it possible to "Add" the module back once that command was issued?  If possible, please provide any documentation or links that would answer this definitively.  Thanks!

Gil                

2 Replies 2

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I tried that option on my lab, and nothing happened.

I'm not sure what is the purpose of it, but if you click Delete on any DIMM, it will have a red x, and then it will come back as normal.

Thanks for the information!  I work with a group that is performing some failure testing, and we were trying to figure a way to fail a memory module while the blade is running.  We were not sure of the purpose of the mentioned command in UCS manager and did not want to try it without knowing if it had serious consequences.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card