Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Monitoring

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to know recommended option to monitor UCS, specially for historic traffic flows, bandwidth occupation and so on. UCS Manager can't provide this. Is it possible to track these sort of things with UCS Central? What about UCS Director? Maybe SolarWinds? Or Zenoss??

Need some advice please.

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

nipathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dani,

are you trying to do monitor session , if yes then you can login to UCSM and we have option for Traffic monitor. here you modify the filter ( ie  traffic for vlan, portchannel , interface, vnic ).

also i have attached screen capture for your reference. let me know if you have any additional question or concern.

No. You are speaking about SPAN sessions...I'm not speaking about that. I rather refer to having a feature as simple as having a graph of average bandwidth percentage occupation of last week for ethernet port 1/2 of Fabric Interconnect, for instance. We do not have such capabilities in UCS Manager and was wondering till what extent the above mentioned applications do have them??

Our network group has been trying to build graphs for us in InterMapper but haven't had much luck just because of the sheer number of mibs and oids. If anyone has a good solution would love to hear it. We have no way to watch link utilization right now. Surprised Cisco didn't give us basic monitoring in UCS Central at least. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card