Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS SAN LUN access problem

hsatk2012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

i have UCS manger 4.3q, 2xFI 6140 and connected to Cisco MDS 9509 v4.2( 4 FC link from FIA to MDS A, and 4 FC uplink from FIB to MDS B) and connected to SUN SAN storagetek 6140(one FC port to MDS A from SP1 and one FC port to MDS B from SP2), i created service profile with 2 VHBA for FIA and FIB (with different VSAN), after that we installed ESXi 4.1 on local disk but when we tried to brows LUN created on SAN we can not.

from both FI we can see WWPn:WWPN for each VHBA in created server, from MDS also i can see floggi output for SAN (WWN,WWPN) as target and Server VhBA as initiater.

i make all possible isolation even i disbaled FC of FI B, and till now we can not access LUN on  SAN, as per SAN admin LUNS created and mapped correctly, so appreciate your support to solve this.

Many thanks.

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To start with,verify zoning configuration on upstream FC switches for necessary LUNs / host.

Padma

Andres Vega
Level 1
Level 1

In addition to confirming that the zoning configuration is properly in place, making sure you have matching VSANs in between your UCS and MDS and that each of the service profile's VNICs has the corresponding VLAN specified (not the default) are also important verification steps.

Hope that helps.

Andres

Hi

From your statement, I understand that you are using SUN SAN storagetek as disk array storage. Cisco does not list the SUN SN storagetek in their interoperablity matix and this could be one of the reason. Pleas go through the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/interoperability/matrix/Matrix8.html#wp323848

Ram

hsatk2012
Level 1
Level 1

thanks Padma, Andres and RAM, the problem was resolved by write-erase the MDS configuration switch and configure it again, now we can see SAN LUN from Vmware installed on UCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: