cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS server c240 m3 raid 10 with backup disk.

feableee123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have c240 ucs with raid 10 ( 6 disk) + one disk  not configured. Is it possible configure that disk to automaticaly replace when disk in raid die? Something like hot standby.

If there is no such a feature,  what is procedure when one of disk stop working in raid 10  (raid controler software) - or just replace corrupted disk with new one ?

thanks,

2 Replies 2

Udupikrishna091
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

When you setup a UCS server freshly you will have to go through the process of creating RAID and in this case it is achieved by LSI Megaraid utility. So in case if you have RAID 10 running on the server the feature of RAID itself is giving the standby capability if a hard drive fails.

So in case out of 6 HDDs one is failing you will still be able to sustain without any impact, but if 1 more fails then your complete data is lost.

Regards

Krishna 

feableee123
Level 1
Level 1

I have found what I was looking for thanks to http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/raid/configuration/guide/RAID_GUIDE.pdf document.

This option is called Global Hot Spare. Additional disk can be configured with this via CIMC interface.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card