Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Simulator Connectivity issue.

fugitive569
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I 'm trying to use UCS simulator on my VMware workstation 7.1 The VA (virtual appliance) starts up fine and i can login with the given username and password and get the confiugration options. But when i try to connect to the simulator via GUI it does not work for me. And if i try to connect to the UCS ip on 80/443 port. Is there any setting which is need to be configured to make this work.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes that is the issue.  Login as config / config, and perform a factory reset.  This issue happens a low percentage of the time.  If you login and do a factory reset, it should fix it.

Thanks,

Eric    

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ericwill
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you provide IP's for all 3 NICs in UCSPE?  You didn't delete any of the three NIC's correct?  Generally on laptops / desktops I recommend you use NAT'ed NICs for all three.  Did you have that set as well?  Can you ping the addresses on your system?

Hi Eric,

I have all the 3 NICs set to NAT and they all picked IPs from DHCP and pingable from my laptop.

Attached are the screenshots for the same.

Thanks.

Do you have a proxy set in your browser, that is sending HTTP / HTTPS requests to that IP to a proxy server, instead of looking locally on your system?    

Tried setting the proxy as well but that didnt help. I have another error at the console of the UCSPE as follows

Could this be an issue ? 

Co

Yes that is the issue.  Login as config / config, and perform a factory reset.  This issue happens a low percentage of the time.  If you login and do a factory reset, it should fix it.

Thanks,

Eric    

Hi Eric,

That did the trick. Thank you so much now i can connect via browser.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card