Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Statistics

K P SIM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Cisco Gurus:

Customer asked me about whether is there a way to extract performance-related statistics from our UCS blades likes the way they can do with HP blades.

As far as I know, this is really a host-based and host-driven activity for which I mean customer can run some kinds of scripts, tools and utilities for windows and/or ESX.

AM I right in saying so? For Windows, it will be PerfMon, for vSphere, it is either the GUI Performance or Snapshot GUI, etc.

Over our Cisco ends, the only statistics which may be helpful is:

Running some commands to gauge the FC Uplinks and Ethernet Uplinks oversubscription counters, etc.

Again some commands to check Server Ports' Oversubscription counters i.e. the Chassis-to-Fabric Interconnect Server Links.

Running the same sorts of commands on Cisco SAN Switch and Cisco LAN Switch to look for some overflow statistics, etc.

Any others like specific UCS hardware performance counters I need to check?

Am I right?

You guys know the internal architecture of your Cisco gears better than anyone.

Appreciate your inputs.

SiM

1 Reply 1

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can monitor the utilization of end points at different places

The VIC ( NIC / HBA ) stats are available under service profile.

Server and Uplink  port stats are under Equipment > FI

Mezz ports on the backplane are found under Equipment > Chassis > IOM > Backplane

Padma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card