Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Uplinks and vPC

Robert Leers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to build virtual Portchannels on 2 Nexus 5548UP and 2 UCS 6248FI. With standalone links (without vPC) the communication between some ESX-Server and my Network is working. When I build vPCs on the N5k the vPC all portchannels (on N5K and FIs) are up.

The Portchannels are pinned to the vNICs and all looks fine. But there is no communication between my ESXs and my network. My configuration is like this:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roberts,

Are the VLANs allowed on the peer link? because if they work in standalone then that means trunk is fine but if they don't have them allowed on the peer link then it will stay up but wont talk

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roberts,

Are the VLANs allowed on the peer link? because if they work in standalone then that means trunk is fine but if they don't have them allowed on the peer link then it will stay up but wont talk

Hello Manuel,

I think you're right. But I can't test it before monday. I will give you a feedback then.

Hi Robert,

Were you able to verify if these vlans were allowed on the peer link?

Hello Manuel,

the VLANs where not allowed. That was the problem. Now it works.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: