cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Virtual Media won't open

claystuckey1
Level 1
Level 1

I am on OSX Lion 10.7.3. I have Sun Java 1.6.0 u29 installed. Other than the virtual media interface, everything seems to work fine. When I sniff packets leaving my box, I don't see anything at the time that I try to lauch the "Launch Virtual Media" from the Tools menu of my KVM Console. Everything else around there seems to open and run fine. Please help!

I do recall seeing references to enabling virtual media. It appears that stuff may be outdated because the interfaces look a bit different and I can't even find it.

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Clay,

Well, you are not telling us much about what type of server it is or the CIMC version you are running, but if it is one of the C-series, first make sure vKVM Properties under Server> Remote Presence> Virtual KVM is enable.  If so, unplug the power cables for 10-15 seconds and then try again.

If it does not work, update Java to the latest and repeat the cycle.

If the workaround does not work, please reply with the CIMC version and the model of the server.

Regards,

-Kenny

My colleagues which use OSX as have the same problem. I know there are some problems with some javacode which has been signed with a certifcate which is no longer trusted by OSX. Should be fixed with the latest software I thought.

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clay,

vmedia support for OSX is available in UCSM 2.0.2 version only.

HTH

Padma

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card