Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM 2.0(1t) doesn't like Java 1.7

Radek Kubka
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have no luck whatsoever with starting UCSM 2.0(1t) on a Windows 2003 R2 (32-bit) machine: it says "Java 1.7 detected, Java 1.6 (or higher) required".

Release notes say: "The Cisco UCS Manager GUI is a Java-based application that requires Sun JRE 1.6 or higher"

So what's the bottom line - shall I expect UCSM 2.0 to work with Java 1.7, or not?

Regards,

Radek

19 Replies 19

Hi robert,

Thanks for that its now resolved and working

Michael .

Hi Michael,

I've lost access to my UCS toys since, as they got 'repurposed' - but I would trust Robert on this one: if he says it's fixed, it probably means it really is!

Regards,

Radek

Hi Radek,

Ive  got a full fleaxPod in my Demolab so I am now upgreading to 2.0(3) now.  Ill let you know when its done... Im sure it will work and will be  better then running a VM for an older version..

You comming to Dublin in November??

Michael

ikent
Level 1
Level 1

As an alternative, you can always launch java webstart manually - from the dos command line.  This gives you the flexibility to use the JVM of choice with the jnlp application.  (for example, you could use java 1.6 for UCS emulator without downgrading your workstation from 1.7).

It is quite simple:

1) Launch JRE console from your java installation (something like C:\Program Files\Java\jre 6\bin\javacl.exe).  Under Java/View panel - only select Java 1.6. 

2) Launch the jnlp manually.  For example:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaws.exe "ucsm.jnlp"

Cheers

Ike

sudeep.shetty
Level 1
Level 1

We have faced this issue in release 2.11b and now after upgrading firmware 2.1.3b it's got resolved.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card