cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCSM response slow, hung sometimes, restart is the only solution?

shiva_yerram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have multiple(>80) clients connecting to UCSM and retrieve responses (xml api), sometimes UCSM wont respond and hung.

We are restarting FICs to fix this problem. I'm not sure this is the right way, do you recommend to restart or fix something better way?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shiva,

We need more information about slowness

1)  N/W topology between UCSM client and FI

2)  Has this worked before ?

3)  Are you going through any HTTP proxy ?

4)  Does it happen all the time and for every one ?

5)  UCSM version and FI model

Padma

Padma,

1. Clients (VMs) and FI are three hops distance with 4 ms latency.

2. Yes, its still been working, but issue only happens if UCSM is loaded with requests and connections.

3. Nope

4. We saw this behavior to heavy loaded UCSs

5. 1.4/2.0 and 6120/6140

Thanks,

Shiva

Shiva,

Is there a common version of Java being used?  If so can you advise which versions?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

we are using 1.6 for client side api access.

Thanks,

Shiva

Having the same problem with our UCS servers. TAC has told me this is a problem with the 1.4(1) and 1.4(2) BIOS. Supposedly there is a fix coming late next week. So basically the CIMC and SSH to the UCS will not respond and power cycling is the only way to fix this. If you are running VMWare on these UCS hosts, your vCenter will also lockup when trying to manage them. There is a fix for that from VMware:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1030265

So while I may be able to manage my VM's from vCenter, I am still unable to get to my CIMC, but atleast I can get to my VM's.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card