cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

win2k8R2 install trouble on C200M2

buco
Level 1
Level 1

i have ucs-c200m2 with soft raid1 on two 500G hdds. i'm trying to install windows server 2008 R2, but installation never finished. during last step "Completing Installation" server restart and after booting i get following:w2k8.JPG

any suggest?! problem  with hw?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any PCI Express cards installed? I think we had this issue when trying to install Windows with a 4-port Intel NIC in there.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have any PCI Express cards installed? I think we had this issue when trying to install Windows with a 4-port Intel NIC in there.

correct! Intel Quad port GE adptr was a problem!
Thanks

Tuinstoel1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have 2 same systems in our organization with the same problem. It wont install Windows out of the box with that Quad nic card. We plug'd it out and windows did install. After that installation we installed the drivers for the quadnic card and after that we've ran Windows update.

Windows update had found some updates for the quadnic drivers. Typicall is that the driver version is the same but the date inst.

After it all worked and the server was operating (for our cloud). This thursday 16th new windows updates were found. Windows installed them automatic. very stupid to enable that because the server was in a reboot loop fryday the 17th in the morning.

-------------------------------

The problem is: The product is a KIT from cisco that wont work out of the box. We try to claim some help from our distributor and cisco but they tell us we need a support license (500€ +/-).

We've purchased 2 of those servers and they aren't functioning. I really want those quadnic's to work sins we need 4 eth ports for our organization but retrieving help from cisco is useless at the moment.

Does someone know some kind of solution or driver that will work and keep the system from (looping) rebooting.

Win2k8 installed on c200m2 server.
2 x 500GB raid mirror

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: