cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Write protected ucs flexflash

Illumiaspa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are newbies on ucs tech and we have bought recently a couple of ucs blade chassies

We have replaced 1 faulted blade (motherboard issue), but after the replacement, the SD slot 1 still remain write protected, there is a way to disable the protection?

The SD card is not hardware write protected and switching the 2 SD is useless, slot 1 still remain write protected. 

Can someone help us?

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update. 

At this point I would recommend opening a TAC case. There are some debugs that can be run on the blade to attempt to determine the nature of the lock and why that state refuses to change.

mcclient 2 --ip=127.6.1.1 --attribs=7,8,9
                                |-- note this ip may need to change depending on the blade

if you go that route, I would also recommend generating a set of show techs and indicating that this workaround was attempted.

Regards,

-Gabriel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gmonroy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You mention a motherboard having been replaced, was it for the same blade in question? And both before and after mobo replacement you are having the same lock issue on Slot 1?

Also you mention that the SD card is not hardware protected, by this do you mean that we have ensured the card itself is not set to physical lock? What fault specifically is being seen from within UCSm?

Please try the following when you have the chance:

+ do scrub policy like this:

# Disable FlexFlash in Service Profile Local Disk Policy
  # Enable FlexFlash Scrub in Service Profile scrub policy
  # Re-acknowledge the server
  # Disable FlexFlash Scrub in Service Profile scrub policy
  # Enable FlexFlash in Service Profile Local Disk Policy

Please keep in mind that this will scrub the SD card that is installed at the time.

Regards,

-Gabriel

Gabriel, Thanks a lot for your reply, but unfortunately the procedure don't solve our issues.
For completeness I reply to your questions:
The chassis-1/blade-2 was replaced with a new one (only the motherboard was replaced, all the other components come from the old broken blade).
The Lock issue was appeared after the replacement, before we had a fully functional RAID 1 FlexFlash.
The card itself is not physically locked and also inverting the cards the behaviour do not change.
These are the reported errors:

<faultInst ack="no" cause="equipment-inoperable" changeSet="" childAction="deleteNonPresent" code="F1258" created="2014-08-12T17:37:25.710" descr="FlexFlash Card 1 on server 1/2 is inoperable. Reason: Write Protected" dn="sys/chassis-1/blade-2/board/storage-flexflash-1/card-1/fault-F1258" highestSeverity="major" id="645401" lastTransition="2014-08-12T20:02:32.222" lc="" occur="2" origSeverity="major" prevSeverity="cleared" rule="storage-flex-flash-card-inoperable" severity="major" tags="server" type="equipment"/> 

<faultInst ack="no" cause="equipment-degraded" changeSet="" childAction="deleteNonPresent" code="F1260" created="2014-08-13T09:38:43.529" descr="FlexFlash Virtual Drive RAID degraded on server 1/2. Reason: FFR_STATE_ENABLED_PAIRED_INVALID_PRIMARY" dn="sys/chassis-1/blade-2/board/storage-flexflash-1/vd-1/fault-F1260" highestSeverity="minor" id="651919" lastTransition="2014-08-13T09:39:08.648" lc="" occur="2" origSeverity="minor" prevSeverity="cleared" rule="storage-flex-flash-virtual-drive-degraded" severity="minor" tags="server" type="equipment"/> 

I have also attached a print screen of the flexflash details and a strange thing that happens during the re-acknowledgement.
Thanks a lot again, have a nice day

Thanks for the update. 

At this point I would recommend opening a TAC case. There are some debugs that can be run on the blade to attempt to determine the nature of the lock and why that state refuses to change.

mcclient 2 --ip=127.6.1.1 --attribs=7,8,9
                                |-- note this ip may need to change depending on the blade

if you go that route, I would also recommend generating a set of show techs and indicating that this workaround was attempted.

Regards,

-Gabriel

Illumiaspa
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks Gabriel, we will contact TAC asap.

When we get a solution, I'll post it for reference.

Thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card