cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 BRI interfaces back to back

c.stamataras
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 bri interfaces, either in one router or in 2 different ones. the first has the following config:

interface BRI1/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn layer1-emulate network

isdn static-tei 0

isdn skipsend-idverify

and on the b1/1:

interface BRI1/1

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn static-tei 0

and the network side never comes up! I try the user side with the Telco and works fine. I tried all possible commands on both, like overlap-receiving, twait-disable, tei-negotiation, point-to-point-setup etc but still none b1/X ever lights up as green.

Also i tried straight cable and rollover cable, nothing.

Any idea how it can work? or if the PBX can not operate as USER, how can i make the router network?

Thanks, Chris

1 Reply 1

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

you will need to connect the BRI to a switch/pbx that provides network termination.

(what is the exact BRI module part number? ie: VIC-2BRI-NT/TE, VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE, VIC2-BRI-NT/TE)

(if your using the VIC-2BRI-S/T-TE, you'll need your PBX to provide network termination)

your commands for isdn protocol and isdn layer1 emulate are correct for emulating network side.

static TEI seems fine if in fact your TEI can be set staticallly. (not sure of your pbx configuration possiblities)

what type of pbx are you attempting to connect the BRI to?

what type of router model are you using?

also, run a 'debug isdn q921' and even a 'debug isdn q931' and provide the output. this should help us help you a bit more.