cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3510 MCUs in "Stacked" config without losing the internal GateKeeper?

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

I have a customer that would like to use multiple 3510 MCUs. When configured for "Stacked," the internal GateKeeper drops on all of the units (MC and MPs).

Is there a way to keep a GateKeeper up? Is it necessary? I'm new to this product, any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

4 Replies 4

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using the embedded gatekeeper, then you may have to upgrade to the latest code.

Thanks! I'll ask the tech to give it a shot.

Scott

The issue is resolved.

The "Stack" cannot support the internal gatekeeper. An additional MCU is used (with the gateekeeper) and the stack is associated with the MCU that is running the gatekeeper.

An upgrade to the latest code was highly desirable / required to make the new and old unit(s) work together (or work together better).

Thanks again for your response.

Scott

Note that the embedded GK in the MCU is not recommended for enterprise deployments. Cisco design guides and best practices re: enterprise video deployments recommend using the MCM/GK on IOS as the proper solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: