Views
Helpful
Replies

3515 MCU: SCCP + H.323 simultaneously?

cwatts
Level 1
Level 1

I'm confident the answer is yes, but I'd like confirmation:

Can a 3515 MCU be configured to support SCCP ad-hoc/meetme conferencing at the same time as H.323 dial-in conferencing?

Do resources need to be allocated to one or the other, or are they pooled, and available first-come, first-served?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IP/VC 3515 MCU can support both SCCP adhoc & H.323 dial-in conferencing. The resources, however, cannot be pooled. They need to be specifically allocated to each protocol in groups of 6.

Therefore, if you have the 3515-12 you can basically have a 50/50 allocation of SCCP to H.323. The 3515-24 with 24 ports gives you a little more flexibility.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Are you integrating the 3511 via H.323 or SCCP? . Using SCCP will allow the IP Phone users to initiate video conferences the same way that they do regular audio conferences. Using H.323 will allow conferences to be initiated just by dialing into a conference number.

That's exactly my question. Can I integrate with BOTH methods simultaneously?

I'm actually asking about the 3515, not the 3511. I'm not sure what the differences are.

I'd like my SCCP users to be able to use the ad-hoc conferencing, AS WELL AS providing H.323 conference numbers for meetme/pin-based.

Will the 3515 support both SCCP and H.323 simultaneously?

Thanks!

That's exactly my question. Can I integrate with BOTH methods simultaneously.

I'm actually asking about the 3515, not the 3511. I'm not sure what differences they are.

I'd like my SCCP users to be able to use the ad-hoc conferencing, as well as providing H.323 conference numbers for meetme/pin-based.

Will the 3515 support both SCCP and H.323 simultaneously?

Thanks!

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The IP/VC 3515 MCU can support both SCCP adhoc & H.323 dial-in conferencing. The resources, however, cannot be pooled. They need to be specifically allocated to each protocol in groups of 6.

Therefore, if you have the 3515-12 you can basically have a 50/50 allocation of SCCP to H.323. The 3515-24 with 24 ports gives you a little more flexibility.