cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3515-MCU24 Moderator Pin

colan.haisell
Level 1
Level 1

When trying to create any type of Conference via the Browser Create Conference page I get the error output of:

error: Wrong Moderator PIN

I can not find the document that details how to configure the Moderator PIN. Please help!

Regards,

Col

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the procedure In the PIN Settings tab you can define a policy for the use of PINs for accessing a conference.

Step 1 In the Administrator interface, on the sidebar, click MCU (if not already selected).

Step 2 Click Services. Select the service you wish to configure and click Add.

The Automatic Service Definition dialog box appears.

Step 3 Click Advanced Management and Security.

The Management and Security interface appears.

Step 4 Click PIN Settings.

Step 5 Select Force conference PIN protection if you want user to enter a PIN when creating or entering a conference using this service.

Step 6 Select Do not to ask for conference PIN when dialing-out to invitees if you want only dial-in participants to enter the conference PIN.

Step 7 Click OK.

Then you don't get this error. Try it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Here is the procedure In the PIN Settings tab you can define a policy for the use of PINs for accessing a conference.

Step 1 In the Administrator interface, on the sidebar, click MCU (if not already selected).

Step 2 Click Services. Select the service you wish to configure and click Add.

The Automatic Service Definition dialog box appears.

Step 3 Click Advanced Management and Security.

The Management and Security interface appears.

Step 4 Click PIN Settings.

Step 5 Select Force conference PIN protection if you want user to enter a PIN when creating or entering a conference using this service.

Step 6 Select Do not to ask for conference PIN when dialing-out to invitees if you want only dial-in participants to enter the conference PIN.

Step 7 Click OK.

Then you don't get this error. Try it.

Thanks sbilgi but I still get the error of wrong moderator PIN.

I've got the same error message...

Did you figure out why ?

G'day,

Yes eventually got it working and believe that not all features of the MCU were available until it was registered to with a GateKeeper. Once this was address then we were able to able to configure any PIN we wanted as described in detail in the post above that I have marked as the Resolution for this thread.