cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3640 VoIP to Nortel VoIP

rickmcgill
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Point-to-Point WAN using T1s. I have at the host location a Northstar connected to a 3640 via a T1 (NM-HD), and the remote sites 1751 with E&M trunks to a Northstar. All of this works fine, we added a new site with a Nortel BMC 50. I can make calls from the host site to the site with the BCM 50 but can not make calls from the BCM 50 to the host site. Any help?

2 Replies 2

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

did you configure your dial plan everywhere correctly, so does the BCM50 know where to signal calls to and which IP addresses to use?

What are the error messages you receive, when dialing in the not operational direction?

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi!

We have the some problem.

I analize the traffic, but i can see that the Nortel BCM50 not understanding the Alerting.

If you place a call from BCM50 to Cisco Router, not hear ringback, and when you pickup the phone, the call drop after 5 seonds.

We have this problem with Nortel BCM50 and Nortel CSE1000S, but not with BCM400, the diference is the S.O.:

BCM50: Linux

BCM400: Windows NT 4.0

CSE1000S: Unix.

We have search resolution in our LAB.

If we will found a resolutio, we post them.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: