Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

7920 configuration utility software

I have installed the 7920 Configuration Utility Software and each time I try to upload the information from the phone, the program crashes. Is there an update to this program. I am using version 1.06

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: 7920 configuration utility software

Hi Greg,

If you are using a newer version of the 7920 with Firmware like 3.0 or 3.1 there is a newer Configuration Utility (3.0) that is available for download. Have a look;

The Cisco 7920 Configuration Utility 3.0 (or later) supports only Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 Firmware Release 3.0 (or later). If you are using an earlier firmware version on the phones, then you must use an earlier version of the Configuration Utility.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008067017e.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Re: 7920 configuration utility software

I also agree with Rob, I'm new to the world of Cisco and just recently discovered the config software for the 7920's. The firmware on the phone has to be a 3.0 or higher for the software to program the phone settings.

Views
Helpful
Replies