cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7940 phone resets when try to transfer a call

bignutty18
Level 1
Level 1

When I am engaged in a call on my 7940 and wish to transfer a call. I press the transfer softkey and the phone resets. If anyone can give me some ideas and or solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Following guide line help you for transfer the call.

if user B has an active call on a particular line (from user A) and user B has not reached the maximum number of calls on this line, the Cisco Unified IP Phone provides a Transfer softkey to user B. If user B presses the Transfer softkey (or Transfer button, if available) once, user B receives dial tone and can make a secondary call: user B dials the number of a third-party (user C). Cisco Unified CallManager provides a Transfer softkey to user B again. If user B presses the Transfer softkey again (or Transfer button, if available), the transfer operation completes.

With the onhook call transfer implementation, user B can hang up after dialing the number of user C, and the transfer completes. Both the existing and new implementations work in the case of a blind transfer (user B disconnects before user C answers) and also in the case of a consult transfer (user B waits for user C to answer and announces the call from user A).

The previous implementation remains unchanged: user B can press the Transfer softkey twice to complete the transfer.

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the phone to the latest released on Cisco.com?

If it is still doing this on the latest, try backing up about 2-3 loads.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: