cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

abnormal disconnect when calls forwarded to vm on busy or noan

Avaya S8700 <> h.323 trunk group <> CCME 4.0.3

Inbound calls over IP trunk disconnect when forwarded to AIM-CUE upon noan or busy. No problems observed when call is answered. Nor are there issues with inbound calls to same number placed over POTS line. Has anybody experienced similar issues with Avaya / Cisco operability?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: abnormal disconnect when calls forwarded to vm on busy or no

Hi Thomas,

I am pretty sure that this a transcoding issue,especially seeing that calls routed through the POTS line are working properly have a look;

Codecs and Transcoding

Cisco Unity Express supports only G.711 voice streams, so all calls made into the system (including those from IP phones, PSTN gateway ports and any other VoIP equipment in your network) must use G.711 if they enter the AA or voice mail pilot numbers that terminate on Cisco Unity Express.

If you require that G.729A calls traverse IP segments of your network between sites, and that these calls forward or dial direct into Cisco Unity Express AA or voice mail, then you must use a transcoding resource collocated with Cisco Unity Express to change the voice stream from G.729A to G.711 before the voice stream enters the AA or voice mail pilot numbers.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00804993c0.html#wp1011776

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Community Member

Rob,

I think your suggestion is right on. Now as I understand the documentation, I can use my PVDM2-32 to do my transcoding. As of now, I've only got five POTS lines which equates to five G.711 channels. My interoffice IP trunk group consists of eight G.729 channels. So I'm using roughly 2/3 of my available PVDM2-32 resources. Is the configuration as simple as what I've depicted below? Or am I missing something? I'm going to try this when I get back in the office on Monday.

Thom

voice-card 0

dsp service dspfarm

exit

dspfarm profile 10 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g729abr8

codec g729ar8

associate application SCCP

maximum sessions 8

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Thomas,

You are right on track here! Have a read of this good Transcoding doc. Get your DSP resources set up and you should be good to go.

You will have to use transcoding resources collocated with Cisco Unity Express to change the voice stream from G.729A to G.711 before the voice stream enters the AA or voice mail pilot numbers.

Cisco CallManager Express 3.3: Transcoding Between G.729 and G.711

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad867.html#wp2234735

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Also a couple more things to remember in this config. Make sure under the Telephony Service that a call forward pattern .T is added. I've seen in CM 3.3 if this isn't added the call will not be successful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content