Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACSN 5.1 with IPTV

Hi,

My customer bought a IPTV version 5.1, with 4 X CE 565(Program Mgr/Content router/Content engine/Content Delivery Mgr).

I have setup all the equipments and tested with IPTV viewer. But customer wants to integrate their intranet with IPTV, such that "Live" events can be shown on their intranet calendar. What is the URL link that i can point to for "Live" events(I am not using IPTV viewer software nor using iptvguide/index.html, instead i am using the iptv plug-in)

2 REPLIES

Re: ACSN 5.1 with IPTV

Hi there -

When you create a program with the content manager, the server generates a program ID. This program ID refers to specific information about the program (ports, multicast address, bit-rates, codecs, etc). The program ID can be found at the following location on a default installation of the content manager c:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\IPTV Content Manager\Apache\cgi-bin\iptv\programs. To reference this file from a webpage you can use something like the following:

http://carbon/cgi-bin/iptv/download.pl/15993.sdp">

http://carbon/cgi-bin/iptv/download.pl/15993.sdp"

name="IPTV" width=320 height=280 ShowStatusbar=true ShowMinView=false ShowMiscToolbar=true>

The server name "carbon" is our IPTV content manager so just replace that reference with the name of your content manager and you're set. "15993.sdp" is the sesssion description protocol file for the program. This is the file with all the information in it regarding the program. Replace this with the sdp ID that you find on your server. Obviously you can customize other attributes as well.

We use the web presenter a lot with our programs for PowerPoint screen capture. Not sure how well you know framed pages but this adds yet another twist. Let me know if you're interested in this and I'll help get ya started.

Good luck.

Danny

Re: ACSN 5.1 with IPTV

Sorry. My content engine is using CE565.. don't think they have a directory as describe above.

Views
Helpful
Replies