cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add third party SIP Phone to CCM 5

noxkrugger
Level 1
Level 1

'm not able to register this SIP Phone to the CCM5.0. I have device license that cater all IP Phone models.(LIC-CM-DL-100=)

I got error message " Login Forbidden" "timeout" in the IP Phone.

In the CCM, I got this message in Phone COnfig Window

Can you explain on how to register this 3rd party IP phone to CCM?

Is it CCM able to support SIP Phone?

2 Replies 2

davetucker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is most likely because of the following...

Because third-party SIP phones do not send a MAC address, they must identify themselves by using digest authentication.

The REGISTER message includes the following header:

Authorization: Digest username="swhite",realm="ccmsipline",nonce="GBauADss2qoWr6k9y3hGGVDAqnLfoLk5",uri="sip:172.18.197.224",algorithm=MD5,response="126c0643a4923359ab59d4f53494552e"

The username, swhite, must match an end user that is configured in the End User Configuration window of Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. The administrator configures the SIP third-party phone with the user; for example, swhite, in the Digest User field of Phone Configuration window.

See the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

Hope this helps, if so please rate.

Regards,

Dave

How to verify this message:-

Authorization: Digest username="swhite",realm="ccmsipline",nonce="GBauADss2qoWr6k9y3hGGVDAqnLfoLk5",uri="sip:172.18.197.224",algorithm=MD5,response="126c0643a4923359ab59d4f53494552e"

I've already configure end user in CCM and match that username & password with the SIP Phone. I use Eyebeam/X-lite.

Maybe the configuration at Xlite or CCM that I have missed out. I've already follow the procedure in the link you provided b4 this, but failed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: