Helpful
Replies

Application & QoS

raul-morata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

I have a question for you.

I work with an application that runn over telnet protocol. I have a link with 2 Mb BW, and I need that this application only uses a 50% of 2 MB=1MB, but I have others application that are prioritaries over this telnet application, so, if others application need to use more BW that 1 MB, can use without problems. How can Implement it? Which QoS feature can I use?

Regards and Thank you very much

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will want to use traffic policing to limit the bandwidth used by telnet. This is done by creating a class-map that matches telnet traffic, creating a policy-map that polices traffic in the class map and assigning the policy-map to an interface with the service-policy command. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5014/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800ca4f2.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

you could use a combination of CBWFQ and shaping. Shaping limits an application to a maximum bandwidth. The advantage over policing would be no dropped packets - instead they are queued. CBWFQ gives minimum bandwidth guarantees to applications. An example config could look like this:

class match-all Telnet

match protocol telnet

class class-default

match any

policy-map OUT

class Telnet

shape average 1024000

class class-default

bandwidth 1500000

interface Serial0

bandwidth 2048

service-policy output OUT

Instead of class-default you could use another class describing your priority applications.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Thank you very much, with this config..Telnet aplication can use more than 1 MB of BW?? The rest of application can use more than 1 MB??

Best regards