Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 IVR

shafraz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wanting to host a calling card solution using a Cisco 5350, but the difference is, customers will be connecting to the service from the IP side and not the PSTN side.

Once the requests come in, the Cisco will play IVR, authenticate over Radius and handle the call. IVR prompts should be delivered in g723 / g729 codecs, and not on g.711.

What kind of a setup do I need here? An AS5350? Do I need T1/E1 ports? Or Do I need a DSP? Or Do I need both? From what I’ve understood, to deliver IVR on g723 or g729 codec, we need the T1/E1 ports and send the calls out of the port and bring it back into another port. Without the T1/E1 ports, IVR can only be delivered via g711. Is this correct?

I would also love to know, if anyhow can tell me some company that could host a cisco for me for the above purpose? A Cisco hosting company, like all these server hosting companies. So that I dont have to spend $$$$$ upfront, but can pay on a monthly basis.

Thank you very much

Rgds

Shaf.

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

Indirect routing requires the intervention of an operator in order to complete a call. The gateway has two mechanisms that provide indirect dialing support: interactive voice response (IVR) operator and default extension.

The internal IVR operator is an automated system that prompts callers to enter the extension they want to reach. The caller can use a keypad or keyboard to enter the extension. The gateway passes the extension to the gatekeeper for resolution. If the caller does not know the recipient number or enters an incorrect number, the call is passed to a preassigned endpoint for operator assistance. The internal IVR can simultaneously process up to 30 incoming calls