cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA -to- ATA PLAR conigs????

eugey
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 ATA-188's. I am trying to create a PLAR on my LAN/WAN. I need help with the configs. I have static addresses. I can access the admin via the web browers. I have not been able to get a dial tone on either phone... Not sure what needs to be configured... I was told that I didn't have to have gatekeeper or .......Help!

3 Replies 3

mtk2kenshi
Level 1
Level 1

please check the number in UID0 and UID1. they should have different numbers. either gateway or gatekeeper may work witk ATA. so pls try to insert a number theat you confiugred in your GW/GK in in UID0 and leave the other one blank. if it didn't work pls try to put in other one.

GW itself will not work properly with ATA. You may need Call Manager to control it or gatekeeper.

Hope it helps.

for testing purposes, is it possible to run a crossover cable between 2 ata 's and have them function (place a call to each other) or is it necessary for another device to function for call setup and tear-down?

igor.sotelo
Level 1
Level 1

Older ATA-186's don't support PLAR connections. You don't need a gatekeeper, but you may need at least one multiservice router, if you have more than two devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: