Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Audio Transcoder Module

People! Is it possible to a MCU Cisco IP/VC-3540- MC06A to work without the Audio Transcoder Module MC60A and not have access to change media modes(G.722 for example) when using the administrator page for configuration? Are media options unavailable when MCU does not have installed the Audio Transcoder Module? I preffer that someone will answer me quikly as possible to this question. If anyone can help.

Thanks a lot...

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Audio Transcoder Module

But without a Audio transcoder module you would not be able to translate between various codecs like G.711, G.723.1, G.728 and others.

Re: Audio Transcoder Module

Without an audio transcoder module the conference works with the G.711 protocol. No other protocol is available. It's sure. It could be a problem with this. But if you'll have a look in the topic "Multipoint videoconference problem" you'll see what I ment. So is there a problem using G.711 audio protocol? Like in that topic. Maybe there are no resources for procesing audio without an audio transcoder module. Any idea?

Views
Helpful
Replies