cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya VOIP on cisco network

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

i have 3 sites i need to setup QOS on for avaya 9630 ip phones. london site is a branch office about 15 PC's and 15 ip phones avaya 9630 connected to avaya G350 gateway on the same switch. now the london site is conneted via our datacenter in london to our main office in the state in florida via 45Mb wan circuit. i have about 200 users at the florida site. users can make internal calls fine between london office and florida office via the avaya gateways. what i need to do is setup Qos to differentiate voice from data and priotize the voice from data when traffic goes through our switches. please advise how to get Qos design and vlan for voice, etc

see diagram

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, possibly you need to apply QoS only on where you have congestion, check interface status for any drop. You also need to specify exact hardware for you wan links interfaces.

avaya_engineer
Level 1
Level 1

I replied earlier on the QOS settings via the PBX ip-network-reg form. To utilize voice and data vlans via a trunk port on the switch, the Avaya phones are looking for DHCP option 176 and/or 242. (176 for older 4600 series phones, 242 for the 9600 series modes)

The phone will look at these option and need to see the parameter L2QVLAN=xxxx. (xxx meaning the voice vlan number) When the phone receives this vaslue it will reboot and reconnect making that VLAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: