cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AVVID...

ashraf_can2
Level 1
Level 1

I am of the understanding that the Cisco AVVID is an exam. However, I have found no exam notification on the Cisco web site regarding AVVID being a specific exam. If it is, is it advisable to take this exam? And if so, are there any decent study materials available?

Is AVVID advisable or CCVP? I would love to work within the voice/video field.

Thank you to all those who reply in advance.

Kind regards,

Ashraf.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AVVID is not an exam, but an architecture. You can think of it as the infrastructure that makes IP voice and video possible. AVVID stands for Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data. I would recommend the CCVP track if you are interested in voice/video. The link below lists the required exams. I would also recommend finding a place to get some hands on experience with voice/video if that's the path you plan to take.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le65/learning_certification_type_home.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Dear respected bbuffin,

Thank you very much for your help. I understand better now thank you. However, the link doesn't seem to work.

Thank you again for your help. Now, where is that rate button??? 5 stars for you my friend.

Kind regards,

Ashraf.

Ashraf,

That link does work. See attached in this post is a screenshot of the same page.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts! Select the rate this post drop down window to rate fellow posters in the forum.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi there!

Thank you for all your help!! It does work now. I'm not sure what was happening last night.

Are there any good books on CCVP? I ask because previous IT books I've had, have had many errors in. It's annoying to have to double check everything with other sources.

I will, of course, try to get hands-on experience with CCVP.

My best wishes to all,

Ashraf.