cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-Channel Aggregation on H.320

molesworthcco
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying for several days to get h.323 video calls across ISDN to another location. I have my h323 endpoint and gateway registered with the gatekeeper. I can make the video call from the endpoint, which hits the gateway successfully. I can do a "show voice call summary" and see 1 b-channel busy with protocol h320p, but it never aggregates more channels and my h.323 endpoint keeps ringing out. I have built "voice class called number outbound/inbound" statements and assigned them to the pots dialpeer. It seems as if it isn't even trying to aggregate. Is there an application that has to be referenced for h320 calls. I can do a sh voice dsp and see the alloted DSPs for the primary/secondary call legs, however, the primary is the only active one...the secondaries are idle. Do I have to connect to another cisco h320 gateway at the other end. At present, I'm trying to call a vtc system connected directly to ISDN BRI. Also, my gateway registration in the gatekeeper shows type as voip-gw. Does it need to be h.323-gw, and if so, how do I make it that.

1 Reply 1

hadbou
Level 5
Level 5

Accounting is done for PPPoE, PPPoA PTA and L2X as follows:

"For PPPoE PPP Termination Aggregation (PTA), the PPPoE payload length is counted for all input and output packets.

"For PPPoE L2X on a LAC, the PPPoE payload length is counted for all input packets. On an L2TP Network Server (LNS), the payload plus the PPP header (addr + control + type) are counted.

"For PPP over ATM (PPPoA) PTA i/p packets, the payload plus the PPP addr plus cntl bytes are counted. For PPPoA PTA o/p packets, the payload plus PPP addr plus cntl plus ATM header are counted.

"For PPPoA L2X on a LAC for i/p packets, the payload plus PPP addr plus cntl bytes are counted. For PPPoA L2X on a LNS, the payload plus PPP header (addr + control + type) are counted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: