Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

C2811 Router - Card Compatibility?

I'm not too keen on my terminology, so please excuse me if you get confused...

My company recently purchased a C2811 router for a VoIP deployment at a branch office. Currently they are using PRI to connect to their analog (Avaya) phone system. I am to remove their analog system entirely and replace it with a Cisco VoIP solution.

While I have never actually installed a Cisco VoIP system from scratch, I have maintained the one at my current office. I have most of the configuration finished on the router, but I cannot specify the voice ports on the C2811 router. The PRI that is used at the remote office is the same type that is used in my current office.

After a couple hours of troubleshooting, I came to the realization that the card that is currently in use at my office is a "VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1". The card that came with my voice router for the remote branch is a "HWIC-1DSU-T1". Is this the reason why I cannot configure my voice ports? Did they ship me the wrong card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: C2811 Router - Card Compatibility?

Correct, HWIC-1DSU-T1 is for data only and do not supports voice.

Recommend you hire a reputable consultant or voice certified cisco partner to avoid costly mistakes and achieve the best results.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Correct, HWIC-1DSU-T1 is for data only and do not supports voice.

Recommend you hire a reputable consultant or voice certified cisco partner to avoid costly mistakes and achieve the best results.

Thanks sir!

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You're welcome, thanks for the rating and good luck.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content