Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAC, RSVP, LLQ, CBWFQ????

HUB-SPOKEN topology network, one zone, each spoken can call hub and other spokens. There are video,voice and data. We use CBWFQ at first, but now the CAC is seemed a big issue. There are many CAC methods, we want to use RSVP with LLQ. But if we do that, it seems we couldn't classify video and data, because we can just use 'fair queue' and we just a PQ of voice, how can we let video get enough bandwith!!!!!

I found a 'RSVP Scalability Enhancements' in 12.2T, infered RSVP can works with CBWFQ, but I Don't know if I do that, CAC still work or not????

I am little puzzled, I thought LLQ was a enhancement of CBWFQ, cisco support one CAC method:RSVP with LLQ,but why we must use normal WFQ command under interface config(fair queue)?

Can someone help me? we want to have CAC function, but we still want to classify the three data types: voice, video and data,so video could get enough bandwith when congestion. And RSVP is seemed a better solution than others(because of our topology:hub-spoken, one zone, every site can call the other). Can we get it with RSVP or other CAC method?

Thanks a lot.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: CAC, RSVP, LLQ, CBWFQ????

Hi,

LLQ is enhancement of CBWFQ. The enhancement in LLQ is you have strict priority queue for traffic such as voice in addition to that you can still assign certain amount of bandwidth to specific type of traffic. In your case it would be Video. If you also have critical data that needs certain bandwidth that can also be accomplished in similar manner. The rest of the data can fall in to default queue in which you will have fair-queue enable. The reason you need WFQ under the interface is because without fair-queue RSVP will continue to perform CAC but will not have any queuing resources (no priority). Please have a look at the attached URL for better understanding RSVP and LLQ..

http://www/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t3/rsvp_llq.htm

Hope that helps..

ketan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content