cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager 4.1(3)SR1

CiscogeekIND
Level 1
Level 1

I am CCNA and new to voice,i am using the call manager 4.1(3) my problem is, voicemail is not enabled in my call manager. I tried with cisco configuration guide still there is problem. can anyone help me to sort out this problem.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using Unity for voicemail? What problem are you seeing?

Brandon

I am not using seperate UNITY. I have cisco MCS-7815I server. where i installed Call manager. I am trying to create voice mail server in that server only. main problem is voice mail ports are not registering with Call manager.

You can only create voice mail ports on the CallManager server. These ports then connect over the network to wahtever voice mail server you have (at least thee ones that will work with Call Manager anyway) Call Manager itself does not come with the capabilities to be a voice mail server. It is call processing only. SOrry for the bad news

Thanx for reply. Is there any possibility to my windows server as VOICE MAIL server. thanx

Hi -

If you want a voice mail system that will integrate with your CallManager, you will need a specific application. Cisco Unity runs on Windows OS. If you want a voicemail only solution, you can run the Unity application with Exchange onbox. What are you using for email services today? If you are using Lotus Notes or Exchange, you should really consider Unity. Unity will give your users easy message access, the ability to press the MESSAGES button on the IP phone (speed dial to voicemail) and very important integration feature Message Waiting Lamp on the IP phone. If you want to wait for Microsoft Exchange 2007, it will have a voice server that is part of Exchange, but you won't have integration with CallManager. My best advice is to talk with your Cisco account representative. You can also visit the Unified Communications forum here, which is Unity based expertise on voicemail only or unified messaging deployments.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: