sohail-khan
Level 1
Level 1

i need to know how to install call manager on non cisco recomnerded hardware

16 Replies 16

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is possible, but certainly not recommended for a production environment. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.ccmstuff.org/NoneCISCOHW.htm

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

The link doesn't seem to show much. We are strictly trying to do this in a test lab. We are consolidating, upgrading, and migrating our AD infastructure. Finding someone at support who knows how Call Manager and Unity will behave in this mix has been a bit of a challenge, so we are running some tests ourselves.

It took me 3 time to install untill start running strait. i have Call Manager in my test lab and is running great for testing. I do not have unity install but I heard that many people have it on VM and is running fine. What are you trying to test?

mba-pd
Level 1
Level 1

Which version on the call manager you are trying to install? I had 4.1 working ok on generic PC for testing.

pbishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can only re-iterate what Brandon has said and in no way use non-Cisco approved hardware for any live system. You will not get support and you are risking your business in doing so.

If this is for your own use, for learning purposes only, then it can be done, but be prepared to spend some time in doing it.

Follow the link already given.

You will need to install Windows 2000 server, then run the registry edits, then install SQL 2000. You will also need to install a 'Cisco' version of the OS; (2000.4.7 or similar).Then install the Call Manager software. Your machine needs to have a decent sized hard disk and at least 512M of memory just to run the software.

If you are learning, then I would also recommend 2 good books from Cisco Press

Call Manager Best Practices &

Troubleshooting Call Manager

As you won't get any support from Cisco!

You have been warned !!

mba-pd
Level 1
Level 1

Send me your email and I will send you a steps I use to install it, but I will not recomendit use it in a live network. The better way to do it is to get some Cisco partner and to buy from them Lab equipment with 75% off.

Hi, Can you also send me the instructions? Appreciate the help as I'm trying to learn more about the CallManager.

Could you please send me the instructions, I would like to learn how to install CCM on a non-cisco platform for lab testing purpose.

DTran@Behr.com

thank you very much !!!

Danny

Please email me the instructions also. I am trying to install a test copy of call manager to an old Unity server.

jlentz@sacrt.com.

Could you also send me the instructions? We are building one strictly for a test. Our AD is being upgraded, consolidated, and migrated. Finding someone who has accommodated Cisco Call Manager and Unity in this scenario is rare. So we are building a test lab. My email is lisa.jonatzke@boral.com.

Thank you.

Hi my name is tom and would like to know if you can send me your step by step install. thomas_henry@ml.com

mba-pd
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my email

valtcho.bakalov@gmail.com

I would like the instructions too if you get a chance...Thanks

dfowler@firstam.com

Please send me the intructions too... Thanks

ukp1998@yahoo.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: