Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Calls Cannot be Passed

We are having problems with our Voice Gateways where they stop passing calls on some of the voice ports.

It seems to affect the first 16 voice ports and we think this is related to the DSP (DSP 1).

I found a similar bug, CSCse15025, but our hardware doesn't match. This bug is resolved in 12.4(3f) but we tested this software and our bug still occurred.

We are running 5 2821s with dual E1s (2 x 30 channels) and PVDM2 modules. In production we are running 12.4(3c) and we tested 12.4(3f) but it has failed.

The system is connected to a Nortel PABX by the E1s. Customer calls come in to the PABX from the public network. The PABX passes the calls over the E1s then the Gateways convert to G.711a and send to the IVRs running Win2003.

The system has taken over 750,000 calls successfully over three weeks. One E1 has been impacted so far and was taken offline.

I have raised a case with Dimension Data. I presume they have raised a TAC case but I don't have direct TAC access.

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Calls Cannot be Passed

I think upgrading the IOS with repect to the DSP could be better choice

Re: Calls Cannot be Passed

We have upgraded the DSP firmware and upgraded IOS to 12.4(3f) and it now detects the DSP problem and resets the DSP and associated voice ports.

I don't know what happens to active calls. I presume they hear silence or the call is dropped. It looks like it takes at least 10 seconds so most people would have hung up after 10 seconds of silence anyway.

Views
Helpful
Replies