Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can not invite H.323 terminals from on the H.320 terminal over ISDN??

I just set up the IP/VC environment using 3510 MCU, 3525 Gateway and embedded Gatekeeper on 3525.

I could not invite two H.323 terminals to join a conference on the Polycom endpoint over ISDN using 611234**2021**2041 string, the calll alway was forwarded to the defauld extension that is configured on the Gateway. I do believe the VC has been initiated successfully since I could see this conference through MCU web admin page, but no any participant. Then I could invite the H.323 terminal from the admin web page successfully. So I think there is no problem with the communication between the all IP/VC components, it looks like that the invite code "**" is not accepted by MCU or Polycom unit is failed to send the "**" out.

Did anyone have the same experience before and how to address this problem?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Can not invite H.323 terminals from on the H.320 terminal ov

How many BRI lines do you have ? if you have only one only have 1 BRI line, you can only invite only one H.323 endpoint into a 128k MCU conference.

Re: Can not invite H.323 terminals from on the H.320 terminal ov

If I understand your question properly, you are trying to invite an ISDN only connected endpoint by using the IP "invite" dialsting on an H.323 into a multipoint conference on the Polycom. If I'm misreading this, please correct. If this is the case, this is not possible to do. ISDN connected endpoints via a GW need to be dialed using the prefix and full e.164 dial string.

Views
Helpful
Replies