Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't receive fax messages when my VoIP dial-peer is pointing the CCM

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Currently, I have a problem receiving a fax messages when my VoIP dial-peer in my Voice Gateway is pointing to the CallManager. Actually, the setup is like this. I have a Cisco 3662 Voice Gateway with NM-HDV-E1. This is connected to the PSTN with an E1 R2 configuration. Now, I have CCM 3.1(2c) which handles the call routing. I have also a VG200 with 4 FxS ports installed. I have put one fax machine in one of each FxS ports.

Now, I have configured a VoIP dial-peer in my 3662 voice gateway wherein the session targer ipv4 is pointing to the IP address of the CCM. On my CCM, I have configured an H323 gateway pointing to the VG200. I have also configured a route pattern defining the number of the Fax machine. Then I tried sending a fax message from an outside call going to the fax machine. The fax message can't be receive. It will only established a handshake but the message can't be receive.

Then I tried this setup wherein my VoIP dial-peer in 3662 voice gateway is pointing to the IP address of VG200 meaning incoming fax call will not pass through the CCM. Then I tried sending fax message with this setup. The fax message was receive perfectly. I just wonder if we can't receive fax message when the fax call pass through the CCM.

Have anyone encountered this kind of problem? Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sherwin

3 Replies 3

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the 3662 a registered call manager gateway? R2 is not supported on callmanager, this is probably part of the problem. Will a reular phone call along this same path work? The best way to workaround this is to use a voip peer that point straight to the vg200s and avoid ccm altogether for fax calls.

Hi,

Yes, 3662 is configured an h323 gateway in the CCM. All calls from PSTN going to any phone works, may it be an IP Phone or an analog phone connected an analog station gateway (FxS). It just that fax message that which pass through CCM doesn't work.

What we are doing is actually having a voip dial-peer that point directly to the CCM which you are suggesting. With this setup, we have no problem receiving fax message. We just actually want to involve CCM because we are using an ART and supposedly we want to monitor all incoming and outgoing calls. With the current setup, ART can't log the incoming fax call.

Well, anyway I just hope that Cisco can find a solution to this. I had opened a TAC case to this problem but it seems that there is no solution to this right now.

Regards,

Sherwin

Hi,

We had the same problem, solved it by installing a route pattern with the fax number only, and directing it to the the gateway where the fax is attached. on the gateway make a dial peer to the port of the fax, also depending on the hardware set fax passthrough on.

Regards

Bob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: