Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot see IPTV from Laptop

We are trying to run IPTV application to Compaq Armada700 laptop PC's. When we try to connect to the IP TV session nothing comes up? I have heard multicasting has problems with multiple nics. I have all nics disabled except for the one I connect with and get the same results.. A few other people are getting similar issues. THose who conenct via a desktop do not have this problem.

2 REPLIES

Re: Cannot see IPTV from Laptop

I would bet that the problem is probably related to a VPN client installed on the laptop (that you don't normally see on desktops). I had a very similar problem a while back. Multicast is considered inherently insecure. I think most VPN clients disable the MC capabilities of the NIC as part of their protection. Usually uninstalling both the VPN client and IPTV and then just reinstalling the IPTV client does the trick.

Check that out.

Dave

Re: Cannot see IPTV from Laptop

Thanks fr the directional suggestion. I did take off my VPN software and that does work. However, since I need that on for work at home ability that is not a viable option to keep removing and re-installing. There is a check box under the Properties of the Nic interface being used, "Components checked are used by this connection" Just make sure the VPN software box is NOT checked. Then the IP TV will work and the VPN software can stay on the Laptop. Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies