Views
Helpful
Replies

CCTV problems over Cisco Switching

Antonio Pinto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

this is my frst post in these forums and i start by apologising for my English as it is not my native language and thanking any help that can be provided as this is one problem i cant seem to solve and its making me lose my sleep.

Moving to the issue,

recently we migrated couple of uplinks from a C3750 cluster to a C6509 in one of our customers, wich lead to the discovery of the following issue in their CCTV ( 3rd party, not cisco ) network:

- Cameras function normally <-> 15 seconds elapsed time <-> Cameras start losing bandwidth streaming from 700 kps to 0 kps <-> Cameras freeze <-> 5 seconds after cameras are back to normal <->  Rinse and repeat

Now, prior to even having the C3750 the customer had a similar setup but using switches from another vendor, and i cant guarantee that the solution was working when the C3750 were first installed as no problems were reported, but heres what i know: the CCTV works properly using the other vendor switches with simple VLans created and nothing else. (they still have their original config on)

I have been running all kinds of troubleshooting revolving multicasting as this was my initial bet to solve the problem, but i have exhausted my moves and would apreciate any help this community can give me.

Wild fixes are accepted also.

TY.

Antonio

4 Replies 4

Antonio Pinto
Level 1
Level 1

So, i have found out that the CCTV circuit when connected to the C3750 in an isolated environment works perfectly. Only when i connect the trunks from the C3750 to the C6509, the CCTV issues return.

So, something is wrong with the communications between the C3750 and C6509 switches. Maybe a problem between the Vlans. Any ideas?

Ty again.

Antonio.

Did you ever resolve this problem?  We may have a very similar issue with 2960x and 3850 buildout

Hi,

the issue was resolved by performing a downgrade of the Cisco IOS.

I can give no further details as why that IOS was originating that problem.

Cheers.

Hi Guys ,

I am also facing same issue. we have 3750 switch when we connect that switch into the network  then other CCTV cameras which connected on other switch give disruption in live video streaming. When we disconnect the switch then security cameras works fine.