Views
Helpful
Replies

Change default language of Ip phone on CUCM 7

Junior Mateus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I have Publisher Cucm 7.1 installed on my cluster, and i need to change the default-language of all my phone inside my cluster to Portuguese,

Someon know , how can i do that?

Thx in advance

2 Replies 2

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can use Bulk Administration -> Phones -> Update Phones.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Regards,

- Adrian.

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

in order to select the Portuguese locale for the phones, you will need to download the latest locale installer (LI) for your country, i.e. Portugal from cisco.com. If you also need the localised network tones, then you will need to install the combined network locale as well.

For example, for CUCM version 7.1.x, you should download the following locale installers:

• cm-locale-combined_network-ES-7.1.5.1300-1.cop.sgn (network locale)
  • cm-locale-pt_PT-ES-7.1.5.1300-1.cop.sgn (user locale)

Caution: If you are you using 69XX or 89XX IP phones, you will also need the Phone only locales (PO)!

Be sure to install the user locale, as well as the network locale on every CUCM server in your cluster, starting with the Publisher. You will have to reboot the cluster, in order to have the locales fully available.

Please refer to the following DocWiki document, if you need assistance with installing the locales:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cucm-phone-locale-installers

After the locales are installed and all CUCM servers are rebooted, then you can update the user locale via the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT), as Adrian has described above.

If this post was helpful, please rate.

Kind regards,

Igor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: