cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 7960

Devin.Shroka
Level 1
Level 1

i have a cisco 7960 ip phone attached to my network aboard a naval ship. it is registered to a cisco call manager located at camp pendleton. i put in all the configurations verifed then with know working phones aboard another ship. all the settings match aside from the network related configs. the phone will go throught the configuration process and will give an error "tftp retry: sep with the mac" i created an access-list allowing all traffic from the call manager into the network. i have tried more then 1 phone with more then 1 cable on more then 1 port. there is a configuration or something i am missing that is causing the tftp retry error. any inside would be helpfull.

Semper Fidelis

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Likely network misconfiguration.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try using tftpd32 on your workstation to see if you can get the same filename from the TFTP server. If you can, try repeating the test in the same VLAN as the phone. If you can't try getting the file via a remote connection on the other ship; or, a computer at camp. If you can't get that file anywhere try restarting the TFTP server to reload the files into memory.

Allan Perocho
Level 1
Level 1

Try to enable the alternate TFTP and put your tftp server or your callmanager ip address on it.

aqeel.karim
Level 1
Level 1

Usually, the phone doesn't get an image file if the server is not reachable. Or the CCM does not have the image that the phone is requesting. My first step would be to ensure that the CCM is reachable from the network. I'm sure a few other things would be broken if that were the case. And if you have remote access to the CCM you can confirm the server has the correct image file.

If all else fails thereafter,  a confirmation of the DHCP server is needed. And/or you may need to download the image file from Cisco again for the 7960 phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: