Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CallManager and IPVC-3510-MCU

msafargaleev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I'm trying to setup videoconference lab. I have CCM 4.1.3 sr3a, 3 IP phones 7960 with Cisco VT Advantage and IPVC-3510-MCU (with embedded gatekeeper). MCU and CCM have registered on gatekeeper (CCM register as terminal).

However, when i dial into MCU from IP phone, call disconnect after 10 second, and i see in Ethereal trace that open logical channel phase did not set up sucessfully.

If i set "media termination point required" in trunk's configuration, conference has been established, but without video, only audio. i know that it's normal condition.

Could anybody give me some advices why it happens?

Thank in advance.

9 Replies 9

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Media Termination Points extend supplementary services, such as call hold, call transfer, call park, and conferencing, that are otherwise not available when a call is routed to an H.323 endpoint. Some H.323 gateways may require that calls use an MTP to enable supplementary call services, but normally, Cisco IOS gateways do not.

The Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application MTP accepts two full-duplex G.711 Coder-Decoder (CODEC) stream connections. MTPs bridge the media streams between two connections. The streaming data that is received from the input stream on one connection passes to the output stream on the other connection and vice versa. In addition, the MTP trancodes a-law to mu-law (and vice versa) and adjusts packet sizes as required by the two connections.

markus.thelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Maxim,

did you already fix the problem. I?m in the same situation. Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Hi Markus.

As i remember, there was a problem with packet size. By default, ccm don't open logical channel if this parameter don't match. there are an option in callmanager service parameters to allow this, i don't remember this parameter exactly but it's in codec configuration part

Hi Maxim,

that was the right info. I set the "Enforce Millisecond Packet Size" to False and now it works. (Oh god, it took me all the day. I thought the problem was the signaling and tried to intregrate the 3510 by an IP/IP Gateway...)

Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards,

Markus

Hi Maxim,

my gladness was too early...

Yesterday I only tried with the IP Communicator and VT Advantage and this was fine. But when dialing in to the conference with a 7960 it does not work anymore. The call gets disconnected at once. Normal video calls to other IP phones work fine. By the way: I?m using a CCM 4.2(1)SR1b. Does it make a difference to your setup? I also tried the old VT Advantage. No difference. Do you have an idea for that?

Againg, thanks in advance.

Markus

Hi Markus,

First of all, i'd compare CCM configuration for IP Communicator and 7960 phone. Is there any difference in partition, device pools, CSS, MRGL? Collect ccm trace for call from 7960 into IPVC and see what's the reason for disconnect. It seems to me that problem in call setup.

Hey Maxim,

there is no difference in configuration between them. I?ve set up a clean system for my lab. There is no partition/css or MRGL at all...

In my error description I forgot to tell you that the call connects for maybe 200 ms, the remote Video just wants to open and then the whole call dies. So there is no routing problem.

I followed your idea and took a CCM trace and compared a working call from my IP Communicator with a call from the 7960. The MediaManager says something about "wait_AuConnectErrorInd - only 1 MX reported error...going away". I don?t know what it wants to tell me...

Do you speak that "funny trace language"?

Kind Regards and thank you for your ideas so far.

Markus

This is from "IP Telephony troubleshooting" book: "ERROR wait_AuConnectErrorInd. This error is typical for any kind of media setup problem. Any time you have a codec mismatch or capabilities exchange timeout" Collect ethereal trace for IP Communicator and 7960 calls and find out differences. you can send me traces and we'll collaborate on this problem. my email: tritob@gmail.com

soheilkatal
Level 1
Level 1

i want to do the same setup

i have mcu 3510, 7960 , CCM 4.2 , 2811

could you please let me know where can i find best practice or step by step guide for doing that.

thanks